Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beggining Again (Poetry Blog #3)

This poem is interested me after we went over in class so I wanted to try and analyze it a little more.

I think the first stanza is the author over-thinking and criticizing himself...almost to the point of having OCD, because as a reader, it was quite overwhelming trying to understand.

The first line, "If I could stop talking...begin to get well," I think that means that if he could stop thinking and interpreting and seeking perfection he could be happy...I think the whole stanza is him trapped in his mind. "preforming brain surgery on himself...no mirror," I think means trying to perfect himself when he doesn't know what "perfect" is and how he is going to "fix" himself.

And the "why?" pertains back to the question, what is perfect?

In the end about the mountain, I think that it means he will not exist forever, but he does exist for that moment in time.

It is hard for me to understand the meaning in the poem it seems like it was just a reflection, not a change like the first two stanzas implied (if I interpreted it right). Although confusing, I really liked it because it seems like it is left to interpretation or just one of those things you never will completely understand...

1 comment:

  1. I like the end about the mountain. I think one of them will outlive the other one, but the new beginning is just about new opportunities--or maybe not! :)

    ReplyDelete